Intro to a call duck lover....

aboyer116

Chirping
Apr 20, 2019
Hi! This is aboyer116. I am a science teacher and have always loved water fowl. I fell in love with call ducks after seeing some wonderful videos of them. Originally, I bought eggs online and had little success with hatches. So...I invested in better incubators, brooders, and even built a lovely duck house! I have also purchased calls from sellers in other states for the past two years. Slowly, I am building my lovely group of ducks. At last, our females are laying and we are having much more success in incubating and having healthy hatches. I learned the hard way how aggressive drakes can be a month ago when I had two beat the heck out of one of the females. Poor thing. Now we have males and females completely separated most of the time. Visitation in the fenced area with five females and one male now. My newest encounter is having a female make a nest in the duck house. It is exciting, but I am wondering how to keep the other ducks away from the ducklings.
I find that when raising ducks, I discover the answer to a question, only to have may more things that have me searching for information and wondering!
I also have two dogs and a tortoise that is a class pet!
I truly want to belong to a group of people who share this duck passion! I find that though ducks are becoming popular, they are often kept as cute pond ornaments. Mine are my pets for sure! I will also be happy to share my experiences, though I am not the expert I would like to be....yet! Looking forward to more incredible insights. I have been on this site for about six months! It is wonderful!

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link above. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom