Intro to a call duck lover....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by aboyer116, May 21, 2019.

1. aboyer116

aboyer116 In the Brooder

Apr 20, 2019
    Hi! This is aboyer116. I am a science teacher and have always loved water fowl. I fell in love with call ducks after seeing some wonderful videos of them. Originally, I bought eggs online and had little success with hatches. So...I invested in better incubators, brooders, and even built a lovely duck house! I have also purchased calls from sellers in other states for the past two years. Slowly, I am building my lovely group of ducks. At last, our females are laying and we are having much more success in incubating and having healthy hatches. I learned the hard way how aggressive drakes can be a month ago when I had two beat the heck out of one of the females. Poor thing. Now we have males and females completely separated most of the time. Visitation in the fenced area with five females and one male now. My newest encounter is having a female make a nest in the duck house. It is exciting, but I am wondering how to keep the other ducks away from the ducklings.
    I find that when raising ducks, I discover the answer to a question, only to have may more things that have me searching for information and wondering!
    I also have two dogs and a tortoise that is a class pet!
    I truly want to belong to a group of people who share this duck passion! I find that though ducks are becoming popular, they are often kept as cute pond ornaments. Mine are my pets for sure! I will also be happy to share my experiences, though I am not the expert I would like to be....yet! Looking forward to more incredible insights. I have been on this site for about six months! It is wonderful!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - glad that you have received such enjoyment from your flock. I wish you continued success with your calls.

fldiver97, 007Sean, rjohns39 and 9 others like this.
  3. Leahs Coop

Leahs Coop Free Ranging

Nov 5, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hello,:frow and a warm welcome to Backyard Chickens! It's great to have you here with us and I hope you'll enjoy this site as much as we all do!

fldiver97, sourland, 007Sean and 9 others like this.
  4. The Phantom

The Phantom I love birds!!!

Jan 9, 2017
    SE Wisconsin
    :frow:ya:welcome:ya:frow

fldiver97, sourland, 007Sean and 8 others like this.
  5. BirdsBeesTrees

BirdsBeesTrees Crowing

Mar 10, 2019
    Iowa
    Hi! :frow :welcome

fldiver97, sourland, 007Sean and 8 others like this.
  6. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your duck's!

fldiver97, sourland, 007Sean and 7 others like this.
  7. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join our wonderful community! :welcome

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us a Backyard Chickens, the pulse beat of the chicken community.
    You may also want to check out the "Duck Forum.:

9. Sequel

Sequel Crowing

:frow Hi and welcome! So happy you joined, be sure and post pics of your ducks! :jumpy

fldiver97, sourland, 007Sean and 6 others like this.
  10. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link above. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

fldiver97, sourland, 007Sean and 5 others like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: