Intro to Canet's

Canetj3350

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2018
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes! Sorta? We've had our chickens approximately 8 or 9 months now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
9 plus 1 3/4 bitties? Poor thing. More on him later.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Austrawhites, Bard Rock, Leg Horn, and Rhode Island Reds.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, food preservation, and cooking.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
In all honesty, I'm the wife Heather and I am NOT the chicken farmer! That title belongs to my husband and oldest son! I am, however, an eggsellent research assistant! I also assist with any medical issues...hence why I'm here!

Hello Heather and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

Here’s a good link where you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

:welcome

Hi Heather, make yourself at home here! If you have questions always feel free to ask, there are a lot of helpful, knowledgeable members here.

Thanks for joining us!

Hello Heather and welcome to BYC and the chicken madness! There's many friendly, knowledgeable members here who are always happy to help if needed, or simply just join in the chicken chat! Great to have you here :frow

Back
Top Bottom