intro

mfredrick

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2018
Hello. I'm new to all this. my son is not. he is in tenn I am in fla. want to get a few (hens only allowed) thought I would look into coops and trucks. I plan on having Icelandic's or Dorking but shall see. I have to keep the noise factor low. not in the city but do enjoy NOT having to fuss with noise complaints.
I have been looking at coops in this forum and in particular the small coops.. without looking at any of the rest I do like the designs.
I wanted to post a comment but have not figured out how yet... so please correct me if I am wrong. I have raised exotic birds before and know that the feet on chickens can NOT wrap around a round roost for support therefor, if all they have are round roosts (ie: branches or poles) it can hurt their feet?

:welcome

When you build your coop include a 2x4 board for roosting (set in so the wide part is where the chickens put their feet). Chickens like to sit on their feet while they sleep.

I hope you find the breeds you want! If you'd like to say hello to other FL members, here's a link to your state thread:Florida

Best wishes to you!

Hello. I'm new to all this. my son is not. he is in tenn I am in fla. want to get a few (hens only allowed) thought I would look into coops and trucks. I plan on having Icelandic's or Dorking but shall see. I have to keep the noise factor low. not in the city but do enjoy NOT having to fuss with noise complaints.
I have been looking at coops in this forum and in particular the small coops.. without looking at any of the rest I do like the designs.
I wanted to post a comment but have not figured out how yet... so please correct me if I am wrong. I have raised exotic birds before and know that the feet on chickens can NOT wrap around a round roost for support therefor, if all they have are round roosts (ie: branches or poles) it can hurt their feet?
Welcome to BYC 1.gif
Welcome to Backyard chickens!

Hens to not make much noise at all. They make no noise at all at night and make the most noise when they lay and egg.

Usually neighbors will not know you have them.

Back
Top Bottom