Intro

diornisextant

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 26, 2011
hi All ,
I am brand new to chickens as pets though not new to birds so not really a Newbie . I have 3 Serama . Awesome cute little urban jungle fowl ! I have been discovering the various breeds of bantams and have decided to create a breed of my own . This of course is going to be a very small breed in keeping with the Serama start and the function as a pet .
I don't want to go too far into detail of the breed just yet but it will be of game bird lines such as the ko shamo if i can find them . Indian game or OEG will work as well with a few other fancy breeds involved for a completely new and fantastic(quite literally) appearance. I'm big on self reproducing breeds that need little to no special care in order to rear their young and I like the idea of high fertility in general as a sign of breed health so good layers and brooders they will likely be . They will be muscular too so for those that care to can table them as well. Tiny though they will be .

I hope to learn much here and hope I can find some of the breeds through local connections . I am in Seattle .
Jf anyone has Ko Shamo, Cornish game, modern, Indian or OE game or a similarly built Bantam Game bird please get in touch with me . Please . I am not looking for show standard birds and not too many either . actually only one hen of each breed will be needed ,

In general I am looking for birds of small upright muscular but graceful build with long necks and horizontally positioned long tails . Tight hard feather showing skin through angular regions like keel, leg and even back. open and forward wing carriage, preferably split wing. A compact but smooth natural comb with a smooth margin or maybe a couple of large and dull serrations -dubbing is not my thing-a compact conical beak and small wattles but a connected dewlap extending down the neck would be great. Stout clean legs and 3 thick toes with the fourth missing or vestigial leaving the bird walking on 3 rounds out my wish list. I wont even attempt color preferences for now.
Obviously if all of these traits were found in a single breed I wouldn't have to work at developing so i don't expect to get all of this in one bird until I put it together myself .
There are some details I am keeping to myself at this time but I think this will be quite a hit if i can make it happen .
For now I'll call this little venture

" Fowl Freaks"

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from WA. glad you joined us
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom