Introduce a new flock to freedom

Makes sense to time it like that. Hopefully I can increase length of time for a few days and wean them into it. Thanks for the input.
I have five new pullets and just got them yesterday. I let them out as soon as I got them. They stick to the front of the coop and had no issues finding the coop again...Too many worry warts...
Chickens are very predictable once you understand them.....

I have five new pullets and just got them yesterday. I let them out as soon as I got them. They stick to the front of the coop and had no issues finding the coop again...Too many worry warts...
Chickens are very predictable once you understand them.....

I may worry, however being new to it, I feel it's better to take a minute and ask a question. I'd rather ask than possibly risk making a bad decision and learning the hard way.

I'd let them all out together....there's only 5, right?
They feel safer together....tho they may split up some to forage.....will be interesting to see what they do.

There was 5... until I went back to get a few of their sisters from other misters :D I added 3 more, beautiful 18 wk old buff orpingtons. Ill give them time to get used to their new home.

Oooo.... chicken math already  :D   best to keep them together.
How long before you got the second group of 3...did they get along with the first 5 OK?

No one warned me they were like Pringles! I was addicted before I even finished my coop! The first 5 were saturday, and brought the other 3 home last night. Everyone is happy & getting along great. Couldn't ask for better, friendly babies.. Uh I mean birds...

Back
Top Bottom