introducing 3 hens which are getting pecked majorly rooster main 1

maoriauctions

In the Brooder
12 Years
Nov 22, 2007
i have 3 new hens to add to my present flock of 3 hens and one rooster, so far its just disastares, i actually had 4 hens but one disapeard. From what i can see the rooster is the main culpurt. i have the 3 hens seperated but i really dont know what to do, im thinking the rooster gonna have to go but then im not sure if the hens will carry on doing this i really need some advice quick please

IF this is a new introduction of 3 new hens, I would suspect that it's the hens, not the roo. They will take about 2 - 3 weeks to work it out. It's tough being a hen and having to deal with the pecking order. Good luck to you and your 'new' hens.

they are bleeding pretty bad one in particular, so do i leav them to it? guess its a female thing huh gee typical

from the back of the neck there are two, what can i do for them until i can get them to someone prob wont be for a day or two

*separate the 2 bleeding hens from the rest. Wash the wounds with soap and water, treat the wounds with neosporin. Are you able to post pics of the wounds if they are quite bad??

*Neosporin is an antibiotic first-aid ointment that you can buy at any drugstore, grocery store, or Wal-mart. Do separate these bleeding hens and treat them as soon as possible. The wounds &blood incites the others to do even more damage and will make pecking a problem you'll have a lot of. . .
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom