Introducing a new rooster

GoldenAngels

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2018
Hudson, Florida
C0BCA7CB-DAB3-40DB-82C6-D6C9EC54D6F0.jpeg
McGregor top pic Mayweather bottom
71104975-7CC6-4D2D-8668-F76DD12CB80C.jpeg
Yesterday I bought two new roosters for our ladies. Whos names are Mayweather and McGregor. They came from the same place but in separate areas. May (maran??) was with lots of hens and 2 other roosters and he’s intergrated very well into the flock. McGregor (Americauna??) was with two small serama Roos. They’re not fighting which is good but he wants nothing to do with any hens or anybody likes to hide in the coop all day only comes out if a girl goes and lays. What should I do? He needs to eat

Oh maybe he feels tiny the best think to do is get a hen his breed but I know that could be a lot so if I were you I would get a dog crate and put him where they chickens are so he could get used to the field and flock

View attachment 1319362 McGregor top pic Mayweather bottom View attachment 1319360 Yesterday I bought two new roosters for our ladies. Whos names are Mayweather and McGregor. They came from the same place but in separate areas. May (maran??) was with lots of hens and 2 other roosters and he’s intergrated very well into the flock. McGregor (Americauna??) was with two small serama Roos. They’re not fighting which is good but he wants nothing to do with any hens or anybody likes to hide in the coop all day only comes out if a girl goes and lays. What should I do? He needs to eat

May has yellow feet so not marans. The other one actually looks like he may be a blue copper marans. Clean feet so not french. My Roos don't seem to eat all that much compared to the hens but they do. Give him time he's just being a good boy and respecting the flock.

May has yellow feet so not marans. The other one actually looks like he may be a blue copper marans. Clean feet so not french. My Roos don't seem to eat all that much compared to the hens but they do. Give him time he's just being a good boy and respecting the flock.
Thank you the lady I got them from told me maran and the other was a polish chicken but I didn’t think it was right bc of the no head feathers and the pics I saw online. Appreciate the help thank u.

Back
Top Bottom