Introducing: BackYard Robots - April Fools 2017

Nooooooo Not the salt........I could somehow choke the chocolate down but don't take the salt..... I hereby officially rescind my request for hiney-biting programming in the robots....
NOT MY SALT....
yesss.gif
Great job, Sour. Our rears are safe.

If you are testing in the “real world” then you have to send one to Australia!! ..... Pretty Please with sugar on top! I can beg, worship, grovel, bribe ... I have no scruples!
bow.gif
bow.gif
LOL

The # of years you’ve owned chickens
4 Years

What other BackYard animals do you own that you’d like help with
None

Examples of three tasks you’d like your BackYard Robot to take over / do for you
I too enjoy all my chicken chores but I would like my BackYard Robot to:

1. During the day, kinda like facial recognition, only let in the hens who are going to lay eggs; no broody hen access.

2. When the run door is open because the chickens are wandering the garden, prevent access to wild birds going in to steal food while still allowing the chickens access.

3. Give marauding Crows a boot up the behind ... I would pay to see that! Or the previously mentioned beg, worship etc
wink.png
OOOoooo. Yes, I really like #1. A smart coop door sensor that does more than just open & close with the sunlight!

OOOoooo. Yes, I really like #1. A smart coop door sensor that does more than just open & close with the sunlight!

I have been thinking about this some more and if someone had the know-how I think it would not be too difficult to make .. if someone does, can I get royalties?!! LOL

Electronic leg bands! Chickens allowed in have one type of leg band. Chickens not allowed in, another type and if no leg band then no access which keeps the wild birds out.

When the broody was no longer broody, you could swap her back to an access leg band.

To combat the issue of not being able to access when roost time comes around and everyone needs access, the 'access dependent on leg band type' could be set to only take effect between the hours of say 6AM to 6PM or whatever and anyone wearing a leg band outside those hours would be allowed access.

I have been thinking about this some more and if someone had the know-how I think it would not be too difficult to make .. if someone does, can I get royalties?!! LOL

Electronic leg bands!   Chickens allowed in have one type of leg band.  Chickens not allowed in, another type and if no leg band then no access which keeps the wild birds out.

When the broody was no longer broody, you could swap her back to an access leg band.

To combat the issue of not being able to access when roost time comes around and everyone needs access, the 'access dependent on leg band type' could be set to only take effect between the hours of say 6AM to 6PM or whatever and anyone wearing a leg band outside those hours would be allowed access.

That is a brilliant idea!! Wanna market it? I'll buy :p

Electronic leg bands! Chickens allowed in have one type of leg band. Chickens not allowed in, another type and if no leg band then no access which keeps the wild birds out.
Ooh ooh like an invisible fence for dogs? They wear collars that react with the fence? That is a fabulous idea!!

I just have a question won't the robots scare the daylights out of chickens, guineas, etc?? Think they should just be programed to be Livestock Guardian Robots, no predators would dare to take them on, keep poachers and vandals, chicken thieves etc. running for their lives.
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom