Introducing my beautiful 6 week old babes

CourtKnee

Chirping
May 1, 2018
Southern CA, high desert
Hello! I have barely posted on here, and since I have gotten my first chicks ever 6 weeks ago.. coupled with my kids’ summer vacation, it’s felt like a whirlwind! (Holy run-on sentence!) But they will be 6 weeks old tomorrow and my goodness how they have grown and feathered out so beautifully! I just have to share them with you guys.
6805D7DE-A5A1-407D-8C5C-D584EA40A1E8.jpeg

This is Poppy our Swedish Flower Hen. She’s head hen right now, and so so sweet, since the first day we had her!

ACE5F6DA-C804-4C96-943B-3E9B88855A98.jpeg

This is Pig (and me!) our Splash Ameraucana. She’s my baby, obviously. She insists on being on my head, or snuggled into my hair. If anyone else is on me, she will land on them to get closer to me and piss the other off!

BB576E48-4F66-47F0-99A9-4EA3B7E57D52.jpeg

This is Frida our Easter Egger. She’s the more nervous one, but over these 6 weeks she’s lightened up a lot. She has an interesting honking noise she makes too. She’s funny. I think she’s just beautiful!

B0717B71-5B73-4D36-832F-1A0F7F7CBC39.jpeg

This is Buckbeak our Welsummer. She is super sweet and out of all of the chicks she keeps to herself the most.

51F278E5-B2B3-4AB4-91A4-58B3A7E3FFCB.jpeg

This is Zelda our Olive Egger. Super sweet girl. Has quite the peck on her! She got me good yesterday going for a freckle on me! She loves to jump up on me to roost and make her sweet little chicken noises.

F4A021F7-836C-4F13-A171-3D93BC0DF5D1.jpeg

This is Rumi our Black/Blue Favaucana. She is on the shy side but has really warmed up to me and is such a little sweetie!

87138CB4-4F92-4D38-AFB3-EA5ECDA7DE20.jpeg

And lastly we have Chicken Little, our Black Copper Marans. She is 6 weeks just like the others but is quite the runt! She still looks so tiny here but has actually grown quite a bit in the last two weeks. She eats, poops, drinks, and keeps up with the others as if she were their size. I know she will catch up eventually.

We got our chickens from My Pet Chicken. We had a great experience the whole way through, the company is great with customer service in my opinion. All chicks except one arrived alive and healthy, so we lost one of our Favaucana chicks on day 2 and we’re refunded by MPC.

That's an adorable family you've got there!

I'm waiting for a Swedish Flower Hen and a Black Copper Marans from My Pet Chicken too. They're due to arrive in the coming week. And I have to agree with you that they are great to do business with.

This is my second order. My last one was my first chicks ever (6wos) and I was very confused and apprehensive. I emailed every thought and concern I had and I always got a personal reply. Not a single boilerplate FAQs sort of thing!

Best wishes for your chicks to become beloved family members and a continuing joy! ...who supply eggs as well as smiles.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom