Introducing myself, HensintheHollow

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HensintheHollow, Dec 25, 2015.

1. HensintheHollow

HensintheHollow New Egg

Nov 17, 2015
    This is our second year with laying hens. Having had Barred Rock, Leghorn, Rhode Island Red and Cuckoo Maran, we have decided to try Buff Orpington in 2016. We might add quail sometime. We joined BYC for information, and it is certainly here, but in such vast amounts that the time to find what we are looking for is daunting.

We are in northeast Tennessee.

See you in the threads.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. Your user name is certainly a mouthful [​IMG]. Have you visited the Learning Center? A lot of useful info in one concentrated area. I find the search box is great for faster results.

You could put "Tennessee state thread." in the search box and that would connect you with others in the area. Or put "Quail thread," in the box and find info on them.

I am barely computer literate but, I get around somehow.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on drumstick diva; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Merry Christmas. :eek:)

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] So glad you have joined us.

I have BR's and BO's and thinking about adding a few next year - are your RIR's friendly?

The BO's can go broody, but bet you know that.[​IMG]

5. HensintheHollow

HensintheHollow New Egg

Nov 17, 2015
    Thank you for the welcome and the encouragement. I will keep exploring the site. Certainly, I want to know some folks in my area, so I'll take your advice.

6. HensintheHollow

HensintheHollow New Egg

Nov 17, 2015
    Our RIRs are not friendly to the Cuckoo Marans. We don't try to make pets of them for ourselves, but they are happy to ignore our nosy border collie, so that is pretty good behavior.

Thanks for the welcome.

1 person likes this.
  7. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

If you have questions feel free to ask. And x2 on Drumstick diva's reference to the search tool...that helps me find what I want almost every day.

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by