Introducing myself?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sydney65, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:27 PM.

1. Sydney65

Sydney65 In the Brooder

Aug 2, 2019
    Indiana
    I live in the middle of cornfields but don't own the farm, but I've always had large gardens. I get wild hairs on occasion, which over the years has led to having ducks, rabbits, guinea pigs, fish, dogs, cats,& who knows what else, but rarely at the same time. -except dogs. They're my constant companions. I'm getting older than I care to be, have grandkids & more on the way-usually have atleast one w/me.
    I like learning new things, try to find natural solutions. Enter the guinea keets, which was how I really introduced myself, in a panic because my fuzzy little babies were dropping dead by the hour. Literally.
    Why guineas? 2 birds theory on my husband's part. He's the kind of guy that brings home a bush instead of flowers. I love birds, have wanted one for a long time. I hate ticks, & they seem to get worse every year. So see, 2 birds-guineas to eat the ticks, guineas to fulfill the want of a bird. Lol. I'm kind of sad to read that they are so independent, as my ducks used to sit on my lap &follow me around. But I do spend a lot of time w/this crew, & they do quiet when I talk to them, like their bellies and necks rubbed,& fairly tolerate having their vents & feet cleaned. So we'll see.

2. Farmer Connie

Farmer Connie Gallus gallus domesticus Syndrome

Feb 28, 2017
    Florida Peninsula
    My Coop
    BYC-WEL-300-Farm-Connie.gif heartbvine4.gif

3. Meg-in-MT

Meg-in-MT Crossing the Road

Jan 29, 2018
    SW Montana
    Hello! Welcome to BYC!! :frowAlways wanted some guineas. Glad you're enjoying yours!

4. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Hi! :frow Welcome to our FUNomenal community! :celebrate Best wishes and have lots of fun! :wee

5. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    Congratulations on finally getting some birds.

6. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Conserve Heritage Breed Livestock

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Hello and Welcome

7. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

8. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki TwatterSpotter

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
  9. Leahs Coop

Leahs Coop Crossing the Road

Nov 5, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hello,:frow and welcome to Backyard Chickens! So glad you joined us

10. jwyles

jwyles Free Ranging

May 8, 2017
    Louisiana
    Welcome! I love your intro information. You sound amazing and so does your hubby! I told mine a long time ago: "Thanks for the flowers but next time just bring me the plant." That was a few years and many plants ago.

I hope you find all the info you need here at BYC anf meet some wonderful people along the way.

Warning: BYC tends to prompt the excelerated growth of wild hairs! Just a heads up!

007Sean, fldiver97, Pork Pie and 3 others like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: