1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

introducing new chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cosmomcnugget, Apr 8, 2007.

1. cosmomcnugget

cosmomcnugget Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2007
    I have two 1 week old chicks. It is a very long story... but I am getting 3 more one day olds this week. I would like to combine all of them, and continue raising them all together. Is this reasonable?

2. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    At this young age, you should be alright. There may be a few tiffs at the beginning, but they are so small they can hardly hurt one another so it should be fine. I have 5 weekers that I will be adding other 4 weekers to, and I'm worried about that. I know how it is as a chicky-mama! [​IMG]

3. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    This is a question I've been asking as well. I have 10 chicks that are 4 weeks old today and 5 that are 2 weeks old. The pecking order is already being established in the older group, so I was wondering what kind of gradual introduction would be best since I know the chicks will be under stress with the new ones coming into their clutch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by