Introducing the Ideal Dozen

Pics
I'm starting to train them on their nipple waterer. I took the open waterer out at bedtime last night then, a little after dawn, I went down and used my finger to peck the nipples at intervals for several minutes while the boldest flock members watched closely.

Then I left them for an hour before putting the open waterer back. They did not attack the waterer when I put it back, which is promising.

I'll keep this up on my days off for a week or until I see them using it. I'll also need to make a larger waterer for them since there are 12 of them and they're getting much larger.

A few photos from this morning.

0622210832.jpg
0622210832a.jpg
0622210835.jpg
0622210835a.jpg
0622210836.jpg
0622210836a.jpg

5 weeks tomorrow and I don't see any noteworthy combs to indicate a potential male.

I'm starting to train them on their nipple waterer. I took the open waterer out at bedtime last night then, a little after dawn, I went down and used my finger to peck the nipples at intervals for several minutes while the boldest flock members watched closely.

Then I left them for an hour before putting the open waterer back. They did not attack the waterer when I put it back, which is promising.

I'll keep this up on my days off for a week or until I see them using it. I'll also need to make a larger waterer for them since there are 12 of them and they're getting much larger.

5 weeks tomorrow and I don't see any noteworthy combs to indicate a potential male.
Excellent!
Would be good to mark the water level on the nipple waterer.

I don't see any red flags either.

Back
Top Bottom