Introducing them???

PoultryGirly

Songster
7 Years
Mar 28, 2012
Hi guys! I haven't posted in a while! So, I have some hens (and a mean roo) that were hatched on 3-11-12, and some hens and a roo that were hatched on 6-10-12. I want to introduce them but I don't know how. This morning, I put the older hen in the pen with the younger chicks, and they would stand on tiptoe and puff out their neck feather and peck each other. I don't want that to keep happening. By the way, I think I have to get rid of my older, mean roo. Please help!

theres no easy way to do this! try seperating them with chicken wire so they can see each other. put food on each sides so they know they have to eat along. give them a week and try if they got along.

nother newbie question...

finally got my coop ready (just gotta chicken wire the run). I'm getting two silkies from my daughter (about 2 months old) and an "adult" roo from a friend. The coop is 3 x 6...I know that I'm supposed to KEEP new birds in the coop for three days...no run...so they know where they are supposed to "live".

Can I just put the three in together to start...see how they do? and...if they don't get along...separate them? I've got a crate with hardwire cloth on top that the two little silkies can stay in and I (think) that this will fit in the coop if I have to. But, is that how I would separate them if I had to?

see if they will get along first of course. and if they dont, seperate them as u have planned and see if they will work it out over time. but if u can make sure they can see each other so they can grow acustomed to being together. it might take time if theres a big size diference

Back
Top Bottom