Introduction

Alwayscold

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2018
Hello, I'm Julie and I am fairly new to chicken raising. I got my first 3 chickens a few years ago and they were from the same flock and I had no issues with them. It was simple! Then last year I moved out in the country and have since lost two. I live outside the Phoenix area, in the east valley!

I now have just adopted four more hens, a rooster and a mom chicken and 12 babies. They are all different kinds and what kinds I don’t know. They range from my previous dark red, to a white one, a few light red/orange, a grey one and a dark red rooster. I have them all in one pen but the mom and babies.

I have looked at your site in the past and got some really good information and now I have lots of questions that are coming up with this new flock.

In raising my first 3 a few years ago, I had so much fun checking for eggs, it was like Christmas every day. LOL I really like having chickens, they all have their own personalities like other pets.

And speaking of other pets, I have cats, a dog, two tortoises and some fish. I don’t really have any concrete hobbies to speak of, I just enjoy nature, gardening and animals and being outdoors.

I have known about BYC since having my first 3 chickens a few years ago. I have found some really good information from your community and look forward to some answers and suggestions to my current questions! J

P.S. I am new to posting so hopefully I will do it right!

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
BYC Welcome 2.png

Hi Julie, it's nice to have you here! Always feel free to ask questions, make yourself at home :)

BlueBaby

Chicken math has me!
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Mar 21, 2016
Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)

alexa009

Crossing the Road
Apr 6, 2017
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Welcome to Backyard Chickens Julie!:welcome We are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: If you are desperate to know the breed of your chickens please post in this forum for answers. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/what-breed-or-gender-is-this.15/
Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Top Bottom