Introduction

RZOELLIN

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2019
Sierra Nevada Foothills Nor Cal
Hello all,
My name is Bob Zoellin and I picked up the chicken habit about 3 years ago. I currently have 125+ birds of several different breeds. Ayam Cemanis, Liege Fighters, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Erminettes, Marans, Barnevelders, Mille Fleurs, Polish, Silkies, Ameraucanas, Dampierres, Vorwerk, Anconas, Swedish Blacks and Flowers, an Olive Egger, Cochins regular and Bantam, Isbars, Orusts, Smaalands, & Rhode Island Reds. I mostly have them for the eggs but I do breed for my own flock. I do not raise my chickens for dinner. I feed non gmo feed with treats of organic vegetables and melons. I want to start a mealworm production to remove the ones I currently buy (to better know the quality). The birds all get to free range during the day and all into secure coops at night. I am a retired truck driver and I coach the local high school softball team.
I’ve used BYC several times for the advice on the care of my flock and have found the community to be very helpful and willing to share experience. I want the best for my birds and have a vet that is mobile. Bio security is a practice that we take seriously but things do happen. I’m hoping that after the VND that is currently rearing it ugly head here in California passes, I will be breeding for the selling of chicks in the future.

1byc-card.png

hello-smiley.gif
Glad you joined. Best wishes with your breeding program!

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with all of your breed's of chicken's, and I will be looking forward to you posting picture's of some of them. I have some Naked Neck/Breese mixes and they are laying egg's well, and they can handle our hot desert summer heat well, too. I'm just getting started into a few of the Silkie's now, and I've been looking for some of those nice Showgirl Silkie's, also.

Hello Bob and welcome to BYC - it’s great that you have joined us. Please make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom