Introduction

View attachment 1970699
I really hope you find the right chickens for you. Perhaps something in the Plymouth Rock family. Quail are great birds to have, so have fun with them! Maybe you will find some ducks you like soon!
Haha, I like to use my grandpa's saying about the first pair of duck I owned.
"I made two trips in one. The first, and the last" lol
I like to go to the lake and watch the ducks but I dont think Ill ever have any again

Hi there and congratulations on your new flock! We always love to see pictures of people’s birds so please put some up for us soon so we, too can enjoy them! Turns out a lot of people learn about BYC by looking up info and learning , that’s how I joined too! Well, you are going to meet soo many great people who will be able to help you anything you need or just there for a laugh. And you can help us learn about turkeys too! So welcome to BYC and we all look forward to hearing and learning more about you and your flock, and the German Shepard mix too. :)
Thanks! Ill try and post some pics later on tonight!

Hi! :frow Welcome to BYC! Quail sound like a lot of fun. I know what you mean about building coops being a hobby. My hobby is chickens...(Orpingtons :oops:) and consequently DH's hobby is building coops. Just finished a bachelor pad this weekend. :ya So glad you decided to join us. Are there any kinds of chickens you do like? Are you more into the smaller breeds?
Well I really like game fowl. Obviously not for illegal purposes. I really just like the look of the bird and the way they carry themselves. Also the were the first birds I was exposed to from as early as I can remember so I am a little biased Im sure. They are really loud though and I live in a subdivision. No rules or anything but I would feel like an ... I also like unique looking chickens, mostly the bearded breeds catch my eye.

@Wompypowpow - Welcome to BYC! :welcome

There's a good sized quail community here that I am sure would be glad to hear of your experiences raising them, and to follow up on your recent hatching. I can't imagine how funny it must be to see them chase after insects. What do you fix with your quail eggs? Never tried cooking with the meat or eggs before ourselves.

German Shepherd/Husky mix sounds like a handful. Any other pets?

Google leads alot of folks here searching questions they have about their birds. It's good you've decided to join in- if you have any questions, I am sure folks are happy to help.

There's a good sized quail community here that I am sure would be glad to hear of your experiences raising them, and to follow up on your recent hatching. I can't imagine how funny it must be to see them chase after insects. What do you fix with your quail eggs? Never tried cooking with the meat or eggs before ourselves.

Google leads alot of folks here searching questions they have about their birds. It's good you've decided to join in- if you have any questions, I am sure folks are happy to help.

@HomesteaderWife
I pickle the eggs! They are awesome. Boil some to have a few with meals too. The meat is good too. Anything you can make with chicken, same applies. You just need more quail lol. Usually not a problem there though.

And no other pets for me. Just planning on those chickens in March or so

Back
Top Bottom