Introduction

Hello all, sorry to put this question here but I cant figure out how to just start a new thread... my one hen just hatched an egg. I expected her not to lay new ones, but the other hen (I only have two, plus the rooster and now the little) was laying eggs near the brooding chicken until the baby hatched, now she's stopped laying altogether since the hatching. The black hen (all are silkies) that incubated the eggs is caring for the chick But the buff silky isn't laying? . Is this normal? Will she start up again? And how soon till the momma hen starts laying again? Thanks so much.

Hello all, sorry to put this question here but I cant figure out how to just start a new thread... my one hen just hatched an egg. I expected her not to lay new ones, but the other hen (I only have two, plus the rooster and now the little) was laying eggs near the brooding chicken until the baby hatched, now she's stopped laying altogether since the hatching. The black hen (all are silkies) that incubated the eggs is caring for the chick But the buff silky isn't laying? . Is this normal? Will she start up again? And how soon till the momma hen starts laying again? Thanks so much.
Go to this forum here, https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/chicken-behaviors-and-egglaying.18/ and at the top find a button that says "Post Thread". You can then make a new thread there on this. :)

Back
Top Bottom