Introduction!!

Smol chickens

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2020
Alright, here we go,

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes/ I got my first chickens halfway though last year, his name I Crowley, and he’s my child..

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have three chickens, all of which are rescues from neglect or abuse, so they are quite cuddly with me, because I’m nice to them for a change

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have a silkie, a serama, and a frizzled silkied serama (just found out what those’re called today)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

They’re so precious to me, because well, tbh, they look like tiny dinosaurs, but also because they’ve got quite the personalities for chickens, and are quite an unexpected pet!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I LOVE drawing, I draw many things, I also animate, and am a level three first aider!!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

well, we have (this is going to be a long list) three Pekingese, two Bengals, two rabbits, two guinea pigs and are fostering a breeder’s French bulldog and her FIVE puppies (gosh!)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I was a little panicky when I first got Crowley, so, I decided to search up some tips, one time, for instance, Crowley just wouldn’t stop crowing, despite him never ever crowing before when he was in the care of the rescuers (see where he got his name now?), so, I googled of he was maybe lonely, and, sure enough I found this forum, which was very helpful, I went the next day to the same rescue, and brought home a friend for Crowley, her name? Henrietta... we now have an ever- growing “farm” of chickens that we get from EVERYWHERE, no chicken is the âme species, they’re all different!

Good morning, and welcome to BYC. Be VERY careful about getting chickens from 'everywhere' as it is real easy to introduce disease to your birds.
Yes, that I do know, we only really get our chickens from rescues, and we’re getting one from a breeder really soon, but, we have taken extreme precautionary measures to avoid any illnesses, scaly feet mites are the worst to get rid of, for some reason, though, and I don’t really know why...🧐

Back
Top Bottom