Introduction

They can make you smile! I have a little white one that will start laying egg's soon, and she follow's me around in the coop and the run talking away at me. If I stoop down to collect the egg's from the nest boxes, she lay's down near me and just chat's away. :gig
Awhhhhh!!!! I hope I can tame this hen to be slightly like her... she doesn’t seem to be the friendliest but she was given to me for free so I couldn’t say no! Got a 2 for 1 special when I bought my houdan, only we couldn’t catch the Turken 😂

Awhhhhh!!!! I hope I can tame this hen to be slightly like her... she doesn’t seem to be the friendliest but she was given to me for free so I couldn’t say no! Got a 2 for 1 special when I bought my houdan, only we couldn’t catch the Turken 😂

Take a fishing net with you next time.

Take a fishing net with you next time.
We tried that!! They’re located on the side of the mountain, ran up through the rocks and trees & almost had her 2x... then the entire flock went off the small back cliff into the forest 🤦🏼‍♀️ I have to find time to go get her and the lady is going to try to catch her before she lets everybody out

We tried that!! They’re located on the side of the mountain, ran up through the rocks and trees & almost had her 2x... then the entire flock went off the small back cliff into the forest 🤦🏼‍♀️ I have to find time to go get her and the lady is going to try to catch her before she lets everybody out

She could wait until after dark when they are roosting to remove her and put her in a cage for you to pick up. Maybe you could take your cage over there when you are about ready to take the hen?

Yikes! Where does she roost at night? Can you pluck her off the roost while she's sleeping? Good luck with that! Welcome to membership, @TerrorMoon! Glad you've joined us.

Yikes! Where does she roost at night? Can you pluck her off the roost while she's sleeping? Good luck with that! Welcome to membership, @TerrorMoon! Glad you've joined us.
I’m not sure, when I picked up my houdan I didn’t see a coop to be completely honest. I know they roost somewhere, I’m going to suggest that to her in the morning!

Back
Top Bottom