Introduction

TerrorMoon

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2020
Hardy, VA
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
New to chickens within the past 8mo, grew up with chickens on my papaws farm but never had any as pets.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 sizzle chicks, Houdan hen, Silkie hen, pound hen (randomly found at the city pound), frizzle roo & going to pick up my turken next week.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Companionship & stress relief.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Spending outdoor time by a river or in the mountains with my corgi, exploring everything the world has to offer.

I'm excited to officially join the BYC family, the threads/forums here have helped me with so many questions/issues I have experienced. I really can't wait to be a part of the community!

In the future, I'm looking forward to helping move the Houdan breed off of the threatened list & possibly show them in the future! I have fallen in love with the breed even before I realized how lucky I was to come across Karen for sale!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
New to chickens within the past 8mo, grew up with chickens on my papaws farm but never had any as pets.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 sizzle chicks, Houdan hen, Silkie hen, pound hen (randomly found at the city pound), frizzle roo & going to pick up my turken next week.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Companionship & stress relief.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Spending outdoor time by a river or in the mountains with my corgi, exploring everything the world has to offer.

I'm excited to officially join the BYC family, the threads/forums here have helped me with so many questions/issues I have experienced. I really can't wait to be a part of the community!

In the future, I'm looking forward to helping move the Houdan breed off of the threatened list & possibly show them in the future! I have fallen in love with the breed even before I realized how lucky I was to come across Karen for sale!
I JUST HEARD THE NEWS!
news-farm-connie-byc-welcom.gif
1586398816302.gif

Yes! My friend had a Turken chick & I fell in LOVE! My flock is a bunch of random misfits for now but I love the variety of eggs & personalities

I run a flock of them, and hatch chick's from them also. The chick's are so cute with their little bobble looking head's. The breed itself does very well with the summer heat out here in the desert, because they also have less feathering on the bodies so it's a better airflow for them.

Edit: Some of mine are laying green egg's, so I know about the variety of egg colors.

I run a flock of them, and hatch chick's from them also. The chick's are so cute with their little bobble looking head's. The breed itself does very well with the summer heat out here in the desert, because they also have less feathering on the bodies so it's a better airflow for them.

Edit: Some of mine are laying green egg's, so I know about the variety of egg colors.
The Turken I’m getting is about 8mo old, laying brown eggs and skittish around people (hoping to be able to change with daily handling). I can’t imagine how lovely, yet comical, a whole flock of them would be!

The Turken I’m getting is about 8mo old, laying brown eggs and skittish around people (hoping to be able to change with daily handling). I can’t imagine how lovely, yet comical, a whole flock of them would be!

They can make you smile! I have a little white one that will start laying egg's soon, and she follow's me around in the coop and the run talking away at me. If I stoop down to collect the egg's from the nest boxes, she lay's down near me and just chat's away. :gig

Back
Top Bottom