Introduction

TerrorMoon

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2020
Hardy, VA
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
New to chickens within the past 8mo, grew up with chickens on my papaws farm but never had any as pets.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 sizzle chicks, Houdan hen, Silkie hen, pound hen (randomly found at the city pound), frizzle roo & going to pick up my turken next week.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Companionship & stress relief.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Spending outdoor time by a river or in the mountains with my corgi, exploring everything the world has to offer.

I'm excited to officially join the BYC family, the threads/forums here have helped me with so many questions/issues I have experienced. I really can't wait to be a part of the community!

In the future, I'm looking forward to helping move the Houdan breed off of the threatened list & possibly show them in the future! I have fallen in love with the breed even before I realized how lucky I was to come across Karen for sale!

We tried that!! They’re located on the side of the mountain, ran up through the rocks and trees & almost had her 2x... then the entire flock went off the small back cliff into the forest 🤦🏼‍♀️ I have to find time to go get her and the lady is going to try to catch her before she lets everybody out

Yikes! Where does she roost at night? Can you pluck her off the roost while she's sleeping? Good luck with that! Welcome to membership, @TerrorMoon! Glad you've joined us.

Back
Top Bottom