Introduction

ChrisReneeB

Chirping
Sep 19, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
(A) I am new to being owned by chickens but have prior experience "chicken-sitting." I got my first brood 14 weeks ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(A) I have three hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?

(A) I think they're proprietary breeds, maybe? Two Sunset Stars and one North Star. I'm operating under the assumption that they're descended from Rhode Island Reds due to their coloring and temperament.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

(A) I enjoy the ritual of taking care of them. And I've found that I learn something new about chicken care about once a week. Also, I currently work at home so they're kind of like my coworkers. Besides all that, bonding with them and watching them grow into their personalities has been richly rewarding.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

(A) I enjoy most types of visual art, especially painting, as well as skiing, hiking and playing guitar. I also have a nice little home gardening operation and take care of a big and diverse collection of house plants.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

(A) I work from home as an office professional and I live with my partner of over a decade and our sweet old kitty cat. I would very much like to live in a rural area with more chickens and maybe even ducks and goats one day.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
(A) BYC turned up frequently in some cursory internet searches both when I was an expectant and nervous new chicken mom. The community seems very responsive and supportive. Amd since I want to do right by my little ladies and give them their best possible life, BYC seemed like the place to turn :)

Back
Top Bottom