Introduction

noelgeorgia

Chirping
Jun 6, 2023
Hi all,

Thank you for having me. I'm new to raising hens and got 9 chicks from a local husband and wife who are fairly new to incubating eggs. They thought they identified 1 as a rooster and 8 others as hens but at 15 weeks, we are finding out that 4 are roosters. The last one in question just started crowing the other day, but only when the alpha crows. He's the one we knew was a rooster from the begging.

The latest (Barred Rock mixed breed) doesn't seem to have the same rooster tail feathers so we are wondering if may this bird could be a hen that crows.

Looking forward to reading through all the discussion threads and appreciate your help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-06 at 8.52.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-06 at 8.52.04 AM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 27
Hi all,
Thank you for having me. I'm new to raising hens and got 9 chicks from a local husband and wife who are fairly new to incubating eggs. They thought they identified 1 as a rooster and 8 others as hens but at 15 weeks, we are finding out that 4 are roosters. The last one in question just started crowing the other day, but only when the alpha crows. He's the one we knew was a rooster from the begging.

The latest (Barred Rock mixed breed) doesn't seem to have the same rooster tail feathers so we are wondering if may this bird could be a hen that crows.

Looking forward to reading through all the discussion threads and appreciate your help!
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom