StixAndLupi

In the Brooder
Apr 18, 2024
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I first got my chickens, 2 unknown breeds about four months ago and one of them unfortunately was attacked by my dog so then I got two more chickens named Stix and Lupi along with Granite, the original chicken who acts like an older sister to Stix and Lupi.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I currently have 3 chickens right now, Stix and Lupi who are both 6 month old Rhode Island Reds and an 8 month old unknown chicken breed named Granite who looks like she’ll start laying soon.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Two Rhode Island Reds and an unknown black chicken breed with little white feathers all around her neck and one half of her body, if you think you know what breed she is I’ll put a picture below to double check.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Their personalities! Stix is laid back and chill while Lupi is always looking for an adventure and despite being small, occasionally I find Lupi exploring the backyard out of the chickens run, Granite, however likes to purposely escape to eat the oats I leave out for them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I enjoy playing video games with my friends and playing with my chickens.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have 5 siblings, two sisters and three brothers, all a few years older than me, I also have a twelve year old black Labrador, a three year old blue fighting fish and a one year old bearded dragon and of course my chickens.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found the website while looking around for answers about my chicken questions and decided to join when I wanted to find out Granites breed but couldn’t and thought I could get help here.

Back
Top Bottom