Introduction

kbgh

Songster
12 Years
Mar 8, 2010
Jackson Township, Monroe County, Pa
We just joined the BYC and thought a good start was to introduce ourselves.

We're located in Eastern Pa, just off I-80 and started with chickens about 3 years ago with a trio of BB Red Bantams.
Those and their chicks were enough until last summer. Then we got a couple of polish, a frizzle and 8 Red Golden pheasants. Last fall a trio of OE Red Splash (very tiny) Bantams and then a friend dropped of a pair of domestic Ringneck Pheasants.

In the mean time Barb had spotted a male Temminck's Tragopan and fell in love. In January I was able to get her a 2009 hatched pair (and myself a beautiful pair of Lady Amherst from the same gentleman). Then yesterday I got a pair of German strain Appenzeller Spitzhauben. Add to that 3 cockatiels, a Goffins cockatoo, a lovebird and a 5 month old .3# Yorkie (with her half sister coming in late March) and a disabled daughter and we have our hands full.

We house our birds in chain link dog kennels that are line with poultry wire and will be adding several more as soon as the weather breaks.

Welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif

frow.gif
from Texas! I would love to see some pics of your Lady Amherst's-I'm trying to get my hubby to build me a flypen so I can get a pair of those beauties.

Back
Top Bottom