Introduction

Kuda

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 2, 2014
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I got my first chicken a little over a year ago, who was a bantam (I didn't know his specific breed), who I called Cojiro. He was a sweet little boy, and he lived with a Rhode Island Red hen named Girl Chicken (I didn't name her, she wasn't mine), but tragically we lost both of them in a barn fire. But, this spring, I took in a rooster who I called Rice Krispie. He belonged to my friend, who's had laying hens for a few years, and got some day old chicks. Unfortunately, one turned out to be a rooster, and he was a little too rough with his ladies. So, I gladly took him in, and kept him on the property of the barn. Then early this summer, I received two bantams and a Buff Brahma hen.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I own 4, but there is a total of around 70 on the property. I have
Rice Krispie who I believe to be some sort of a Buff Orphington,

Juliet, a Buff Brahma hen,

Raven, a (I think Old English Game) Bantam rooster,

And Henry, a (I think he's one too,) Bantam.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I think I have a Buff Orphington, and two Old English Game Bantams, and I know I have a Buff Brahma. :)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

I was trying to figure out some of the breeds of my chickens, and I found this site! I'm looking forward to meeting other "chicken enthusiasts"!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love to take care and spend time with my other animals, and I LOVE to take pictures of my chickens.

(6) Tell us about your other pets.

I own a pony, two ducks, a cat, a dog, and a goldfish, along with my chickens.

I'm looking forward to my time on BackYardChickens!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a very good and thorough introduction. I'm sorry about your loss of Cojiro and Girl Chicken in a barn fire. It's always sad to lose some of our flock. I'm glad you were able to get some more chickens. You have a very beautiful flock now. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you joined us.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Beautiful flock!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

You have some beautiful birds!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Pretty flock! Sorry about the birds you lost in the fire.

Back
Top Bottom