Introductions

ChickenLady♡

Songster
Oct 13, 2018
Adelaide, Australia
Hi, I thought I'd post some piccies of my (13) babies - 4 australorp, 2 plymouth rocks, 2 RIR and 5 silkies. They are all gorgeous ... and an absolute hoot! I could watch them all day
20181014_101327.jpg

It certainly is a small world! Where abouts are you? I'm down on the Fleurieu Peninsular.

Did you hatch out your gorgeous babes?

I'm afraid I'm not great with all the other breeds and Silkies are apparently very hard to sex early, I currently have 3 x 3 week old Silks and have nooooo idea! But the Plymouth Rock in the front is definitely a pullet, you can tell by the colouring and that the black bars are larger than the light ones. The Plymouth I can see on the left at the back looks more like a Roo though, as he looks more grey than black and the barring is even, but harder to tell in the photo. Another indicator is Roos have larger feet and they tend to be yellow. Here's a couple of pics of my plymouths for reference, the 2 together are girls, the other one was a Roo. The Roos get quite big!

IMG_4156.PNG IMG_4157.PNG

Good luck, enjoy the rain! My poor old chicken run is getting pretty squelchy atm!

It certainly is a small world! Where abouts are you? I'm down on the Fleurieu Peninsular.
Did you hatch out your gorgeous babes?
Your babies are gorgeous too. I'm SO hoping my darker one is a pullet. Are yours outside now? This is my first time with chicks and I'm not sure when they'd be able to go out in our Adelaide weather - so many of the things I read are from the US and their temp variations are so different. They are looking desperate to get out of the brooder - I'm really hoping they can go out soon.

Back
Top Bottom