introdution

kygirl420

Hatching
Jan 8, 2016
couldn't find a place to post with other intros I am New to web.anyhow I am an organic grower of roses all types of flowers .na Ural permaculture all animals wife to a retired chairman that served in Iraqi freedom war.I am 32 and dabbled in chickens but am ordering purebred day old chicks this week.... love colored egg types and low maintenance.NICE TO MEET YOU ALL!!!any advice on where to buy 25 ameracauna or Easter eggers????

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! You have posted in the right section for introducing yourself :highfive

You might like to drop the where am I where are you section of the forum for other members in your area who could point you in the right direction for hens. Here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Thanks for your service to our country. I've ordered Easter Eggers from 4 different hatcheries over the years; Murray McMurray, Ideal Poultry, Dunlap Hatchery, and Cackle Hatchery and have been satisfied with the birds and service of all four of them. Keep in mind however that Easter Eggers (even though these hatcheries often market them incorrectly under the labes Ameraucana or Araucana) are not in fact purebreds but hybrids produced by crossing blue egg layers with brown egg layers to produce offspring that lay eggs in colors other than just blue. True Ameraucanas lay only blue eggs, and are fairly rare and expensive. Meyer Hatchery sells ture Ameraucanas in addition to their EEs but they charge 5 times as much for them as they do their EEs. I would suggest ordering from the hatchery that is closest to where you live so that the chicks do not have to travel as far in the mail. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom