Intruder

I once had a white feral kitten climb into my window well. It wasn't that deep, it could have gotten out. But, it was cold and I had the idea to take it into my garage and if I could tame it a bit, it could could be a garage/outdoor kitty. So, I picked it up and it did more damage to me in those 2 seconds than I ever imagined. 😬😳😆
Lesson learned. Wild kitties are not your friends. 😂
How fast we learn ! Been there done that !

Right now the ladies rule her. If she gets to playing rough (as kittens do) they peck her and she stops. I am hoping to try in a few weeks to get her out of the coop and run. She can stay in the garage and get her can of tuna every morning.
The one that chewed my sisters hand up I ended up keeping. Took him to the vet and got him neutered.He never bit anyone else again.:lol:We named him Wild Man because no one could touch him except me.Those cat apps that meow and make cat sounds really work.Lol

I have an intruder in my coop and run. She is fast and sly. She hides in my flock. When I try to seperate my hens and coop them she runs into the coop. When I let the ladies go into the run she gets in the middle of them and sleeks out into the run. I have place traps. I have tried seperating them. I have tried feeding her away from my ladies but she stays tight within the flock. When the chickens move she moves with them. I'm to slow it seems. I can't seem to remove her. I know how she got in and will fix it once she is gone. She is bold enough to eat with my ladies. Taking suggestions. She is wild nothing tame about her. View attachment 2876555View attachment 2876556
Heres a link to some Google cat apps you can download and play for the kitty to help it come around.It will make her curious maybe help tame her down some.Be careful not to hit the wrong button and play any aggressive cat sounds (cat screams,etc) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.catsounds.glisa&hl=en_US&gl=US

I would keep that cat. She will probably be happy with kibble occasionally and to kill mice and rats in and around your coop. Kibble is cheap. If she's going to hang out anyway put her to work. I used to get feral cats from a spay & neuter program for free just to keep rodents in check around my coop. I gave them kibble every other day and they left me little rodent corpses as presents. It was a symbiotic relationship. Now we have a garage cat but she was not feral-she's pretty friendly but she keeps the rodents down on our property and in our neighbors' garden. Love me a good hunter!

Having a coop kitty is a very good idea but once OP signs on to do this, her obligations go beyond just providing kibble every other day or so, and vets cost money. In a couple of months, if this kitten is female, a feline Prince Charming is going to come calling (or more than one!), and then OP's problems are going to start growing exponentially - unless she has a couple hundred dollars or so to invest in getting Miss Intruder's shots, and getting her wormed, treated for fleas and lice and ticks and finally, spayed before that happens! She has already said she does not have a cat precisely because she can not afford all this. So her question is, how does she get Miss N Truder to vacate the premises ASAP? Not, oh, isn't she adorable and don't you really need a kitty? 😉

Back
Top Bottom