Intruder

Pics
Can you get a live trap, and do you think you can get her in one? Is a good idea to open it but not set it, and have her food in there for several days before you attempt capture. Also helpful to disguise it with blankets, foliage or some such.

Can you get a live trap, and do you think you can get her in one? Is a good idea to open it but not set it, and have her food in there for several days before you attempt capture. Also helpful to disguise it with blankets, foliage or some such.
At this point I can get close enough to grab her. I just need a good home for her. I do have a trap or box I can place her in for the drive to her forever home.., She is good and is much less feral but not a pet yet and I'm out of time to get her to be a pet. Depending on the day or if I have food in hand on how close she allows me. She does allow some petting by me not neighbors. If I try to pet on the wrong day I get to enjoy those claws of hers. I have grabbed her and held her by the scrap of her neck. It won't be new to her when the day comes to take the ride. She still is very tiny.

Getting hold of her is one thing. Getting her into a container is a whole other rodeo. And if you try and fail, you'll never get another opportunity. Is why a live trap is your best bet. You can have her contained with no possibility of injury to you or losing her in the process. (Voice of experience) But you do what you think best.

Getting hold of her is one thing. Getting her into a container is a whole other rodeo. And if you try and fail, you'll never get another opportunity. Is why a live trap is your best bet. You can have her contained with no possibility of injury to you or losing her in the process. (Voice of experience) But you do what you think best.
I know what you're saying. I have dealt with it before...... neighbor was a hoarder of cats. They removed 252 from their property 12 yrs ago. They moved shortly after that. I use to take in some of their ferals and tame them. There was a lady at the soulard market that I would take them to. They closed that down also.

@BigBlueHen53 I am not able to pm you. I just want to say goodbye. I truly enjoyed chatting with you and learning from you. Please take care. I will miss you.
Stacey, I hope it's not too late for me to say I've also enjoyed our contact, limited though it's been. I sincerely hope you find resolution for some of your problems, especially concerning the lack of cooperation, compassion and assistance concerning your grocery shopping. I'll be keeping you in my prayers. I wish there were something more tangible I could do for you. :hugs

Your best bet is to contact some of the trap neuter and release groups(TNR) They try to trap small kittens and re-home them early so they don't become feral. There are a lot of cat rescues that will take her in if you contact them first and explain she isn't a pet.There aren't as many options available to people as there were before due to COVID but each state has several.Many of these organizations have volunteers who help transport the animals from county to county until they can get them to their final destination just to help them find a good home.

Back
Top Bottom