INVERNESS SHOW IN FLORIDA-Who's going?

Quote:
Good luck at the show
thumbsup.gif
And hope cmom goes home empty handed
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

Well, we stopped in, but couldn't stay long. I saw some people I knew from rabbit shows...too funny!
smile.png
Also confirmed what I definitely want...fell in love with the Buff Brahma bantams!
smile.png
They are so chunky and cute.

Hope everyone has safe travel home!

Kristen

We had a great day. It's always such a pleasure to see other BYC'ers, sunshinesilkies, 3chickens, SunnyChic, ThePamperedPullet, FloridaOE and peepsnbunnies. There were some other BYC'ers there too. Here is a pic of some of us. I wish we could have gotten the others together with us.

111409012.jpg

Seemed this show was smaller than past years, not too many birds for sale, after i left i was kicking myself in the butt for now getting more feeders from the Pamperedpullets, i got a couple, do they come to any of the swaps? See some of yall next sat in Polk City

What a great day!!!!! It was so nice to see all of my peeps!!
Congratulations to:

Lisa Portz(peepsandbunnies): BEST OF BREED, BEST VARIETY, RESERVE CH FEATHERLEG-----WHITE HEN 2nd show

Bobbi Porto(IndigoEgg):BEST OF BREED, BEST VARIETY,RESERVE CH FEATHERLEG---WHITE HEN 1st show

I was happy with how my silkies placed today! Almost took Bobbi's rooster home with me instead of mine!! They look so much alike! Our white hens are almost twins but hers was champ today!!!! It was a fun but exhausting day. Good thing I got a good night of relaxation the night before staying at Alieda's(cmom) guest house. Thanks again for your hospitality Alieda.

Saw 3chickens and her husband(I can never remember his name, maybe he should get a tshirt with his name on it! LOL) Always good to see you!

A.T. Hagan and his lovely family...He said his wife is supposed to be the voice of reason,,,but he(opps I mean Katie) walked out of the show with more chicks!! LOL

Of course I spent more money with ThePamperedPullet (Eric & Le)!!! I feel better giving them my money than Tractor Supply! LOL

Sunnychic, My hubby says he will see you at the January show with your new Old English you bought!

Chad, Good to meet you and congratulations on your placings today with your birds!

I guess you can tell that I had a good time and walked out with sense of pride that my hard work with my silkies is paying off!!!! I just wasn't the best today!!!! LOL I will post some pics tomorrow...I'm pooped!!

SEE YOU ALL AT THE SHOW IN JANUARY!!!!!!!!

Vickie

Edited to say that my Blue Wheaton OE Rooster placed BV today!

Last edited:
Yes, it's true. I took the family to the show today with the idea that I would pick up only the birds I'd arranged for in advance of the show. Then my wife and daughter saw the Maran chicks and all was lost. Took home two good looking blue Silkie pullets from Bobbi at IndigoEggs, six Ameracauna chicks from Vickie at SunshineSilkies and three Maran chicks that were not part of my plan at all!

4104727970_1b90c3b9c3.jpg

The two blue Silkies for my daughter's show bird collection from Indigo Eggs. That's one of the Maran chicks heads you can see in the back.

4104728120_681b063126.jpg

Vickie, Bobbi, and my daughter.

No more birds, no more birds. I don't have enough housing for any more!

.....Alan (I mean it!)

It's coming to that. The wife told me today that she wants me to move the brooder up to the car port from the workshop so the girls can see their birds more often. They'll be sneaking them into their bedroom after that I'm sure!

We forget to take a waterer with us this morning so we're glad you were set up at the show so we could pick up another one.

.....Alan.

We had a great show at Inverness. I talked with Bobbi for a bit, got to meet CMom over at the Pampered Pullet. And I forgot to ask Pampered Pullet, but do you guys carry numbered bandettes? And Vicky, every time I saw you, you were doing something chicken or talking with someone, so I never got to introduce myself.

I think this was our best show ever. I'm proudest of my Buff Brahma cockbird, he was really on yesterday, he looked spectacular and I bred this boy myself. Took 3 yrs but I did finally raise a Champion Featherleg bird that doubled Featherleg for the day. I was on cloud 9! My daughter Savannah won youth Champion Featherleg twice as well with her Buff Brahma hen. We are finally getting close to where I want to be on the Buffs.

I have to refer back to the coop cards for what we won. Here it goes...

Open Splash Modern BV RV both shows
Open Red Pyle Modern BV RV both shows
Open Black Modern BV RV both shows
Open Buff Brahma Cock, BV BB Champ Featherleg both shows
Open Buff Brahma Pullet, RV both shows
Open Dark Brahma Pullet, BV both shows
Open Light Brahma Pullet, RV both shows
Open Light Brahma Cock, BV RB both shows
Open Black Rosecomb cock, RV RB both shows
Open Black Rosecomb hen, BV BB both shows
Open Blue Fawn Call Duck hen, BV both shows
Open Grey Call Duck Hen, RV on 1, BV, RB, Reserve Champ Bantam Duck on 2nd show
Open Grey Call Duck pullet, BV RV
Open White Call Duck cock, RV in one show, RV, RB, Reserve Champ Bantam Duck in the other show
Open White Call Duck hen, BV, BB, Best Bantam Duck both shows
Open Seramas (SCCL) RV, BV, BB Res AOV
Open Turkey (Beltsville hen) BV, BB, Champion Open Turkey both shows
Open Goose, BV, BB Champion Light Goose & Best Open Goose. Best Light Goose & Reserve Champion Goose.
Open Grey & White Calls, 1st twice with a grey cock, 2nd twice with a white hen.

Youth Light Brahma Pullet RV both shows
Youth Light Brahma Cockerel BV both shows
Youth Dark Brahma pullet BV both shows
Youth Dark Brahma cockerel RV both shows
Youth Buff Brahma cockerel RV RB both shows
Youth Buff Brahma hen BV BB Champion Featherleg both shows
Youth White Call cock BV BB Best Bantam Duck, Reserve Junior Waterfowl
Youth White Call hen, RV
Youth Grey Call pullet, BV
Youth Blue Fawn Call Duck cock, BV, RV
Youth Black Call Duck hen, BV both shows
Youth Blue Fawn Call Duck hen, BV, RV
Youth Splash Modern hen, BV both shows
Youth Splash Modern pullet, RV both shows
Youth Red Pyle Modern cockerel, RV both shows
Youth Red Pyle Modern hen, BV, BV & BB
Youth Black Modern Game hen BV & RB, BV BB, Champion Youth Modern Game
Youth Black Modern Game pullet, RV both shows
Youth Serama (SCCL) AOV hen, BV & RB, RB
Youth Serama (SCCL) Wheaten cock, BV & BB, BB
Youth Turkey, Bourbon Red tom, BV, BB, Champion Junior Turkey show 1. BB, Champion Junior Turkey show 2.

That was our day.

I didn't come home with anything extra. Well, except Seramas. But they're so little they don't really count, LOL. I can't wait until the Sunshine Classic. Hopefully my birds will be even better conditioned (most were just coming out of a molt). It was a great show, CFPBA/Gold Coast Classic always does a terrific job. The weather was fantastic, we met some new people and made new friends, got to see some old friends, a special Thank You to Ron DeSilva for taking Savannah's BR turkey home for us so we didn't have to make two trips. I think we had somewhere around 55 entries total, with two of those being turkeys, and one a goose, you can only imagine the agony of using a small Kia hatchback car. Every year I tell myself, if I don't have the truck to use, don't enter that many birds. Do I EVER listen to myself??? Heck no. It's exhausting work, but I love it. I was in real agony last night when I finally got home and got the birds put to bed though. OMG was I sore and stiff! I am still am, there doesn't seem to be enough Ibuprofen for these aches.

I only hope and pray that they don't book this show the same weekend as the Ohio Nationals next year, I'd really like to be able to make both shows.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom