Iowa Blues - Breed thread and discussion

there_its_fixed_duct_tape_gifts_card-p137821553785860434envwi_400.jpg

Appears to be working, now. Thanks!

Re eggs, there are some excellent sources on this list, go back through the pages and you will find some. You dont say what area that you are in. But myself I am in northern MI so willnot even begin incubating until late April at the earliest. Actually May is a good beginning for me , and I will be hatching several breeds then. And hoping for some chicks from others.

The Iowa is a fascinating breed, and a valuable one for a homestead flock.

Re to the voting on the standard,

I seemed to be in an endless loop on the website going from the Standard Link and the Voting link, each led back to the other with no voting possible.

Ok, everyone, the time has come! The Iowa Blue Chicken Club membership is being called to vote on the final edition of the Iowa Blue Standard. Just this one final step and we'll have ourselves an official breed standard!

wee.gif

By April 1st (hopefully), we'll be all official and ready to roll.
highfive.gif

Feel free to bop to the website and vote here:

http://www.iowabluechickenclub.com/vote-here.html

(members only)

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
thumbsup.gif

Re to the voting on the standard, I seemed to be in an endless loop on the website going from the Standard Link and the Voting link, each led back to the other with no voting possible.
That's weird. I've got your vote submitted from the site. Did you figure it out? The Vote-Here tab has a form on it for voting. Not sure what you are viewing it on, do you have to scroll down?

Last night I set my Iowacauna hatch - about 20 Iowa Blue hens crossed with a lavender AM and a bunch of pure AMs. I just love the puffy cheeks :)

Back
Top Bottom