1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Iowa Blues

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ga*chick*, Oct 19, 2009.

1. ga*chick*

ga*chick* Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    Ga
    When I put my order in this spring I ordered 2 Iowa Blue Pullets..can't find anything on the web about them. I just went and looked at the Ideal home page again to read up about them(this is where I ordered them). My pullets are both laying..bantam size eggs, and don't look anything like the picture. They are solid black except around the neck there is a bit of brown..will have to take some pics. They look ALOT like Black Sex Links, only their body type is different. Wonder if I should email Ideal ? The only thing that looks the same is the Tail..straight up. These birds look like crows..[​IMG]

Anyone on here have Iowa Blues?

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
  3. turtleblossom

turtleblossom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Kentucky
    I got a few Iowa Blues from Ideal last year...and hated them. Even tho they were raised by hand with a few other chicks, they were the flightiest birds I have ever owned. They didn't even look like Iowa Blues.
    I ended up giving them away.
    I suggest you buy Iowa Blues from Sandhill Preservation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by