Iowa - white showgirl roo, BCM roo, cuckoo maran X roo.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pbjmaker, Sep 16, 2009.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Make me an offer on either bird - I will not ship but might be willing to meet somewhere. I live on the southside of Des Moines.

This is Echo - he is about 3 1/2 months old. I thought he was pure showgirl but he now has some curl to his wings making me think he is a cross with my frizzle cochins. They have silkie in them so I would say he is 3/4 silkie. Anywho he has great seperation on his feet and so far a decent personality. His papa is my alpha roo and has an AWESOME personality.

[​IMG]

This is "Tank Jr." about 4 months old. He is a clean leg BCM roo. The egg he came from was probably a 5 on the marans chart. He is the most inquisitive chicken I have ever had and is the first one at my feet when I come in the yard.

[​IMG]

Here is Spencer: 5 weeks old cross between Tank Sr. (BCM roo) and my cuckoo maran. He does have feathered legs and his dad was from an egg that was probably 8 on the marans scale. He is already HUGE.

[​IMG]

Again - make me an offer - they are going to go up on CL tomorrow but would rather see them go to a fellow BYCer. I also have a lot of other chicks that are around 5 weeks.

ETA: Put the wrong BCM picture up [​IMG] Fixed now.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Oh no... not Tank....

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    No no - Tank is here to stay, this is Tank Jr. or TJ as the kids call him. Although they are not related he looked a lot like Tank when he was but a pup. He is taller than Tank though and has a better personality.

This is the original Tank:
    [​IMG]

ETA: you'd better get hockin' them for me or they are gonna be part of the twofer deal!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by