Iranian chickens

Okay since we cant speak about comments in poor taste or oversensitivity to same, lets talk about Iranian chickens.

Who has ever seen any of those breeds?
To my eye they are sort of generic looking scruffsters, nothing really notweworthy.

I wonder if the Iranian poultry industry uses these homegrown birds or has imported "regular" meat and egg birds for their business.

As the largest exporter of chicken in the region it is surely something they have worked out.

Quote:
I was wondering this same thing. I looked at the pics of the breeds listed when I was on the feathersite and none of them looked particularly "meaty", so I was wondering if those are the breeds they are using for their exports or not.

I wouldn't mind finding some of the Talayee chickens... sound very pretty
smile.png

I would think they would use 'broiler' types for meat production like the rest of the commercial world.
Those chickens do look smaller but I guess in a small farm environment they would serve dual purpose. I bet they are hardy though!

Quote:
Yeah I got it.

Hooligan,
My avatar is my oldest 4 legged baby, Earl. His is a purebred, rescued, Bloodhound, that my vet tells me is one of the best specimens of hound that she has ever seen, but whoever used to own him, dumped him in the desert and left him to starve, and when I got him, he was a mess. It took months of tlc to get him up to weight and heal his injuries, but he is an absolute doll that I love to death, but he is also the most stubborn of all of my kids.
Because Earl is still uh, err,"intact", we are having problems with him and my new baby, Fergus, the Neopolitan Mastiff/Dogue de bordeux cross who is also still intact, and I am nursing a dislocated shoulder today as well as a wrenched back and knee that I got when I had to break up a gladiator brawl in my front yard, sooo bright and early Tuesday morning, I am having the mobile vet clinic out to perform attitude adjustment surgery on both of them, and if the ex-husband objects to it again, he might just be joining them.

They don't look like the dual purpose we are use to, but I bet they serve their purpose. They are probably pretty tough when it comes to heat, foraging, and food efficiency.

Is it just me, or did all those breeds look very similar?

I went through each breed and thought I was almost looking at pictures of the same breed. They are very similar to me. It could just be the lack of pictures.

-Kim

Back
Top Bottom