iraqi

welcome-byc.gif
what kind of chickens do you have and how many. I love to see and hear of the different breeds that we dont have over here.

hello sheila , I have 15 chickes now.

1- one pure brahama.
2- two mix brahama.
3- four cochins three are black , one is white with black strips( zebra)looks so pretty.
4-one white silkie mixed with cochin.
5-other even they mixed by several breed that why I can't give you what exactly they are.

I'll bet the silkie cochin mix is pretty. I have some silkies and bantam cochins right now would be interesting what they look like if my silkie ever decides to lay. I have 39 chickens and just hatched 13 and have a broody hatching another right now. She has 5 more eggs under her but I think maybe a couple are quitters.All my chicks are mixed and a few pure barred rocks. I had 2 hens that were broody the first hatched hers Sept 11 and 12 she hatched 10 and now my bantam cochin is hatching so far 3 and one on the way. So if you count the babies we have at present time 52. We also have 5 ducks 4 dogs and my daughter has about 12 pet rats. We also have 2 cocktiels and 3 parakeets. So we have a full house
lol.png

I live in north of Iraq, dahuk province , in the summer temperature rise to 51, and in the winter about minus -15 C, that why people who live in raise brahama and choichs this two breed live about 10 years and bear this changing of temp, villagers like red Road Ireland because they are good layer .

and there also :- white Americana,Barred Plymouth Rock, Frizzle,showgirl,Dominique,Dutch,Leghorn, Marans,Star,Welsummer.

the same breed as you have in america, but I think there are more breed in american, I haven't seen any silky chicken those who their eyes are totally hide or sultan in Iraq.

Last edited:
Hello Nizar. Welcome to BYC

I spent a year in Tikrit but did not know there that many breeds of Chicken in your country. Tikrit has a very hot summer compaired to the USA. We had a hot summer here in the part of the US I live in and many poeple have lost chickens to the heat. I was lucky I was able to save all my birds. I built my Coop and pens in the shade of very tall trees and I think my birds did not surfer as much if they had been out in the open. We were not nearly as hot as Iraq so I can imagin it's a real strugle to keep you flock alive in that heat. I've not had a chance to converse with someone from Iraq since 2005. It would be nice if you could share some of your exprience with raising your chickens. It's nice to have you hear. Donald

A huge slaute for all those American soldiers who served in Iraq.
106200_american_flag_wallpaper_8.jpg

and more respect to those brave one who lose their live , or their blood drop on Iraq's sand, We will never forgot what have you done to us, thank you all. I wish to handshake with you all bro. Allah bless you all.

Last edited:
Thank you Nazir. It was an honor to be able to travel to Iraq. I wish things had not been so violent as I would love to travel and see some of the places were humanity learned so much about becoming a civilization. The acient ruins would have been great to see. Your country has a long and great history. Donald

I ask Allah to create those kind of people who allways protect weak one , and create those who remove the injustice and bring the justice to all human being.

((Indeed, Allah orders justice and good conduct and giving to relatives and forbids immorality and bad conduct and oppression. He admonishes you that perhaps you will be reminded.))
Holy Quran 16:90

Back
Top Bottom