Irregular shaped floppy deadweight in day 4 egg that looks completely undeveloped?

Ankaa

Songster
Apr 10, 2023
Was candling an egg and when I turned it upright to do so it felt like an oddly shaped weight dropped to the bottom. However the egg looks as clear as day 1. It’s day 4. Can someone explain this? Picture attached.
A517C698-7A28-49D3-80C0-1EEAC4433E25.jpeg

Do you have only one egg? Some veins can be seen in the right conditions at day 4, but you might want to wait a few days to be sure you just don't see the veins yet. If the egg never develops veins it was either not fertile or was no longer viable.
I can't tell from the picture. Is the air sack on the large end and stable?

I have 11 others in the incubator and I’m not sure. Someone more experienced told me the dead weight was most likely a scrambled or split air sack. I posted the other 11 earlier today but I’m not sure how to link the two posts
Do you have only one egg? Some veins can be seen in the right conditions at day 4, but you might want to wait a few days to be sure you just don't see the veins yet. If the egg never develops veins it was either not fertile or was no longer viable.
I can't tell from the picture. Is the air sack on the large end and stable?

I have 11 others in the incubator and I’m not sure. Someone more experienced told me the dead weight was most likely a scrambled or split air sack. I posted the other 11 earlier today but I’m not sure how to link the two posts
The best practice is to wait until atleast day 7 to candle. The first part of the incubation is very important, maybe more so than the lockdown because the air sac is establishing itself. Handling them all could comprises the sac.

I also replied to your other post. If you don't see that one I'll share here too. You are going to want to remove the cracked eggs ASAP. You want to keep the environment as clean and sterile as possible, and with continuous heat being applied to the super glue, I'd imagine that will complicate things further.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom