is 25$ a lot for a chicken?

Are they old english ? It really depends on the hen. If it is a rare color or good quality then $25. isnt a lot. However , if you never had chickens before I would start smaller.
i have had chickens for around 6 years and have had orps all my life. i looked of his page and he had black, lavender,chocolate,buff,lemon cuckoo and a couple others but i dint know if they are the parents of the one he is selling i do not know if they are old english

Ya pullets around here run for a minimum of 15. Some individual chickens cost 30 and upwards. Stuff out here always costs soooo much. EEs cost 20 or so

i have had chickens for around 6 years and have had orps all my life. i looked of his page and he had black, lavender,chocolate,buff,lemon cuckoo and a couple others but i dint know if they are the parents of the one he is selling i do not know if they are old english
I about bet they are . I dont think thats an outrageous price although I got mine as chicks for $10.00 . Make sure he/she is Nippi and AI clean .

i found some orpington hens for sale they are different colors:clap. he is asking 25$ per hen is this a lot or is it a good price? i think i am going to buy 6 but i do not know if i am getting ripped off i really want them:fl

Honestly I think this is too much. The most I will pay is $10-$15. I have gotten burned a few times now too. I was sold a hen that didn't lay and a hen that was crippled that we ended up having to cull. Make sure you know what you are getting. It might be worth the wait to buy pullets and wait for them to lay.

Oh.. and the quality of the birds is horrid. Most of the ones we bought had almost all the feathers torn from their backs. Some are said to be purebred but later as the get older I have found flaws, like the wrong type of comb, wrong egg color, incorrect feather patterns... need I go on?

Back
Top Bottom