Is $3 to much for 4 week old Cornish x meat birds?

i charge $3 for all my birds,, 7 birds for $20 , and $60 for 21 ,, but i dont get meat birds, so i really dont know what they should be priced at,,,,,,,,,, and YES i sell LOTS lol

EDIT: ta say,, them are new borns, after 4 months they go to $5 , and after they start laying $15

Last edited:
Plus I think it is reasonable for him to want to make a bit of a profit on them, if only to compensate him for all the work!
smile.png

Have fun,

Pat

I think it is reasonable. By the time you feed them, ship them and lose one or two, that is not bad. It is close. I think I will $3.50 to $4.00 in mine when I butcher. I have been through 150# of feed and lost 3 of 27. Currently I have $3.25 in my chickens and they arrived Aug 25 - i.e. 6 weeks ago.

Quote:
I agree with Shelly, if you are getting that many, ask if they will give a discoiunt. Can you handle more than 25, if so you may get more of a discount.
smile.png

That is extremely cheap for birds that are half grown and will be ready to process in the next 4-5 weeks. Thinking about all the feed that has gone into them already that truely is cheap.

That to me is very cheap for 4 week old Cornish X. My local feed store sells them as day olds for $3 each! They eat a LOT so in all honesty that barely covers the month of food they have eaten. Take into consideration that in another couple of weeks you can start butchering them and half the work has been done getting them to this size.

Personally if I could find them for $3 each at that age I would grab them all up.

I feel thats a great price, and you only have to have them for another 3 to 5 weeks.

actually he may be breaking even with feed, and other care cost.

I have 20 meat birds they are 5 weeks old, and at this age they are going through 20 to 25lbs a week.
these guys are slow grow broilers from Welp.

our last batch, were very fast growing, and at this age they were eating 50 lb every 8-9 days

Back
Top Bottom