Is 60 degrees too cold at night for 4 week old chicks?

Without a heat lamp, is 60 degrees too cold at night for 4 week old chicks?
Thank you!
yes for sure - get a sweeter heater fromPremier 1 and make sure they have that for comfort - why take any chance of them dying - temperature is a relative thing with chicks - different in Mexico than in Northern Illinois so its what the temperatures (day/night) are for your area that are the determining factor

This is helpful even if I’m late to the game. Our chicks are just about 5 weeks and they HAD to go to the coop. They were owning this back room we had them in, prancing and pooing everywhere all of a sudden. I had already been putting them in the run all day, but they hated being gathered to go back in the house. First few nights, I had the brooder in there, but they weren’t sleeping on it or under it. They were on the roost bar. I turned it off last night and today I took it out. It will be down to 66 for the low tonight. There are twelve of them and they’re just sitting close on the bars. Ironically they are all on the side over where the brooder had been. It’s a tiny coop which probs help to keep it warm.

Back
Top Bottom