Is 8x16 coop big enough.

Understood cafarmgirl. Our goal is 25, not the 30. Right now, we only have 15 ( + adding 4 soon). That makes 19. For a coop w a tight (?) Capacity for 30 I think sounds good. Would you agree? And for the run to hold 25 eventually? We are planning to build another coop & run soon too. Hoping for a flock of 25 meat chickens. Will need to get those measurements correct though.

It really depends on how well your chickens get along with each other.

I have an 10x20 coop/run combo. It "should" hold 20 chickens. I ended up with 21. I got extras in case some died, but none did. Even thought I was "one" chick over limit, it was too much. I sold 6, so I'm down to 15 now. Much better. There is still some bickering, but on the most part, everyone gets along pretty good.

Try what you have and see how it goes. You may have to extend your run, or cut back on your flock.

Pictures of my coop

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7058085/width/200/height/400[/IMAGERY]
Some roosts with poop boards

Last edited:
We currently have nineteen chickens bought 14 chicks when we finished coop in early may. Lost 6 to different reasons . then on June 3 ordered 5 white Leghorn 5 ameraucana pullets they sent some roosters as well . I want hens only but I can't tell roosters the difference help please

Back
Top Bottom