1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

is a 10x12 gambrel highside shed big enough for 15 standard hens

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by blueseal, Jan 6, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    plan on haveing one built in the next couple weeks.the price is right cant wait. any feedback appreceaited.

2. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:Plenty of room 120 sq. feet??? That is HUGE easily fit 40 hens in there, especially of the free range...
    Good luck, and share pictures when you get 'er done
    Christina

3. kick'n chick'n

kick'n chick'n Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    tennessee
    that'll be plenty of room for them. thats double the min sq footage per bird!![​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Very roomy! But you know you'll get more....[​IMG]

5. blueseal

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    thanks everyone yeah illbe sure to post pictures when its done . ijust want something big enough to be able to move around in.be nice to be able to clean out coop and have lots of room.also will have a overhead loft for hay and grain storage and shavings . yeah something tells me ill have more chickens when its done gets addicting fast

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  6. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    That would be just the right size for Maine winters I would think. They need roughly 10 sq ft each when they're confined for any length of time.

7. blueseal

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    i have a12x12 run with a metal roof on it for winter time. they come out as long as it isnt stormy. last couple days they came out to my big 300x300 run for the first time since the christmas storm. the big 14inch storm all but gone. its funny watching them some walk on snow others dont like touching snow.

8. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    They'll love having that covered run. Mine still hate the snow. They always look at it like it's toxic waste. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by