Is a 11'x10' bedroom to small?

Look at nuheat floor pads.

Personally if I had to do it over again I would have ignored my DH's opinion on radiant floor heating in the basement floor and just went ahead and done it.

Depending upon what is going to go in the bedrooms that is pretty small. Our current bedroom is 12'x12' With our queen size bed, closet, 2 dressers and small light stands on eacside of the bed there is not alot of room to move anything around.

New bedroom is 17'x20'. Yeah I know it's big but it will be worth it. Especially when hubby builds my custom wardrobe.

Ok I have to ask why are you doing a 2 story ?
old.gif

probably doing a 2 story cause it costs less to build up than out. Twice as much living space, with only 1/2 the foundation costs.

Thanks for the replies. We finally have the architect working on the plans. The house is actually going to be bigger than we had planned. He said the size we had would have a lot of material waste. The downstairs bedrooms are going to be around 11'x12' and 13'x12'. That should be big enough since we plan on adding later.

Another change in our plans is we were going to do a slab with footer but after talking with a few people and our architect we are doing a crawl space. That will make it easier to add on or remodel.

I am trying to decide what type of heating unit we will want to put in. He said the in-floor heating doesn't work to good for the area due to large differences in the temp. throughout the day. He suggested a boiler with an air handler and storage tank. He said he only pays $25 a month to run it and it is his water heater too. He only lives 3 miles from us. Only problem is the upfront costs which we don't have. We are paying for the house with saved money since my husband has a large college loan that has only a 1.5% interest rate. He would rather keep than than paying it off and getting a loan for a house that would have a higher rate.

We want a 1.5 story so we would have a nice high open ceiling for the living room. The winters are long and dark. Also the cost is cheaper than a ranch style house to have a smaller roof and foundation.

Back
Top Bottom