Is a Peacocks mating call much like a Roster crowing in volume?

phantom1

Songster
6 Years
5 Years
Mar 26, 2015
I thought to ask many people are telling me that a peacock is not much worse than a roster and also that if on 35 acres it should not bother my next door neighbor to much, just to be respectful during the night time when they will be in their coop locked in.

Last edited:
I thought to ask many people are telling me that a peacock is not much worse than a roster and also that if on 35 acres it should not bother my next door neighbor to much, just to be respectful during the night time when they will be in their coop locked in.
It's much worse i guess, but your land sounds big enough, even if your neighbor hears their voice it will not bother him, he will barely hear them.

The Peacock call will carry farther than the rooster call. I have both and I have been at my neighbor's when they called, I could hear the Peacock much clearer than the Rooster and the Peacock will call all night as well as daytime. How far away is your neighbor's house from the coop.? My neighbor is very close, but even so the volume was much lower than at my house, right beside the barn.

That is good I do not mind them making noise or them being heard during the day just looking to tone it down some for the night. Thanks for the help to all

Back
Top Bottom