Is adding more ducklings a good idea?

Sallyscovy

Hatching
Jun 7, 2023
Hello everyone,
I currently have 9, 11 week buff orphington chick and two 6 week old ducks living together. All females. I want to get the ducks more friends. Will two more female ducklings bond with my other ducks? Or did they need to be tiny babies raised in a brooder together? Help I’m not sure how this works.

Attachments

• IMG_5110.jpeg
    IMG_5110.jpeg
    892.3 KB · Views: 23
They will most likely need to be introduced slowly. Just putting them together might not work. Especially if there is an age/size difference.
We use a "see but no touch" method. The newbies are separated by fencing (or what have you) from the originals so they can't get to each other but can see each other. After a few weeks you let them together, but supervised to see how things go.

They will most likely need to be introduced slowly. Just putting them together might not work. Especially if there is an age/size difference.
We use a "see but no touch" method. The newbies are separated by fencing (or what have you) from the originals so they can't get to each other but can see each other. After a few weeks you let them together, but supervised to see how things go.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom