Is anybody else holding a chicken right now?

flowerchicks

Songster
10 Years
Aug 18, 2009
n. california
I have recently gotten 2 house seramas, a rooster named Buttercup, and his tiny wife TigerLilly. The plan was to put him outside with my hens to help protect them, but my top hen (a barred rock named Pebbles) HATES him, and now, he hates her too, and it is not a battle he can win. So.... until I can make them an outside run that is safe from Pebbles, they are living in my living room. We let them out every evening, and Butter always ends up either on my head (briefly
wink.png
), my laptop or my shoulder. He likes to snuggle into my hair and go to sleep. He loves to be held. I just think it's amazing how a "dumb chicken" (quotes from coworkers) seems to actually enjoy affection.
love.gif

I would love to see pictures! I had been considering bringing a lone bantam inside. He was the only surviving chick after a cat got into the pen. So I started carrying him around the barn with me while I did barn chores. He would jump out of his cage onto my shoulder.
One day I was cleaning a stall and put him down to explore. One of the cats got after him and he came running to me for protection.
I finally found a little bantam hen for him to live with and now the two of them want to be carried around the barn.
roll.png

The only reason I didn't bring him inside was because I was worried that my pet possum would eat him.
Some people have parrots...lol...you have seremas!

That's kind of how I see it, and a parrot is LOUDER than a rooster. I will have to take pictures! I ordered them some diapers, which I am VERY MUCH looking forward to getting. Right now, he is asleep in my left shoulder, his little head is tucked under his wing. so cute

Back
Top Bottom