Is anyone else afraid of the number 666?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is in the Bible. it is not the mark of Satan, persay, but of the 'beast' or the antichrist. It is in Revelations, and it says that in the end times the antichrist will forbid anyone to buy or sell unless they have the 'mark of the beast' or 666 on their forehead.

Now, alot of people today dont believe this to be some kind of tattoo, but more of a tracking device, such as a microchip or PIN that keeps track of what people are doing, buying, or selling, and what.

And no, I am not scared of the number. (Not that I would go out and get it tattooed in my skull.....) But I am, however, never getting a government mandated number or liscence or microchip, that would track where I go and what I do or buy. There are some people that won't get SS numbers for this reason, but they dont track your activity or buying, etc, with a SS number.

National Animal Indentification System, anyone????
hide.gif

Sorry for the long post, I hope this answers anyone's questions a little bit!

ok, i am a non-denominational reverand, and in my studies i learned that the number 666 is not the actual number listed in the bible (there isnt one). there may be in the new testament. It was a translation from a prophet to whom was dictating to the author of the tinme of the bible. It was said to have been seen in a vision and in numerous areas of the bible, it is stated that often visions are reveresed or inverted in teh vision of the prophet. Most athoritatians agree about the actual number will be 999. 777 derives from a belife from India that 777 is the number of perfection or of God.

Quote:
Hello Mr. Norris!!! The following is from Bible.com, EnglishStandard version

[Revelation 17:9 ] This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number [Revelation 21:17] of a man, and his number is 666.

lol, hello Debiraymond! lol

Yes like i said, i wasnt aware what the new testament (or current english standard) had listed, im sure your info is correct as well, i was merely posting info i learned in my studies as food for thought, not as the rule. By no means do i claim to know all about the bible, lol, thats for sure!

Stop laughing at me Debiraymond! im sensitive! Besides, you had a hand in naming me! lolol
wink.png

And yes, it is very true, there are many version. It can get confusing and its many translations can make you wonder.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom