Is anyone else interested in cars and motorsport?

Pics
(I wasn't sure where to put this, so say if it should be somewhere else )
I've got two main hobbies, chickens and cars.
More specifically, I'm really into rallying.
I navigate, so it's up to me to tell the driver where to go, as well as dealing with most of the organizing.
We are only just getting into it, so there's still lots to learn.
I also like driving myself, in the entry level events, and helping work on the car.
Anyone else interested?
Yes i Just got back from King of the hammer's a week or 2 ago.
I wish I could train as a diver. I know I have that edge. I also have intelligence to keep me and the vehicle alive.
Have you competed yet?

It could have been way more dangerous if he didn’t stop and realize sooner so I’m proud of you guys 👍🏼
But it would have made for a more exciting video!
(ok, I'm just joking, I really don't want that to happen :oops: )
It does make one a bit more aware of what could happen, but with all the safety equipment it has to be a pretty bad impact to cause injures.
I wouldn't do this sport without that.

What shape is the car in?
Good!
It had a bent control arm, (so the wheel was jammed back, rubbing against the arch) and it needs a new wing sometime, (its a bit bent) but apart from that I think its all good.
We did another 80km or so competitive after a 15-20min service, and it all seemed to be running smoothly.

Yes i Just got back from King of the hammer's a week or 2 ago.
I wish I could train as a diver. I know I have that edge. I also have intelligence to keep me and the vehicle alive.
Have you competed yet?
What is King of the hammers?
And yes, we were competing just last weekend, although it didn't go quite as planned.

Here's the link to the video of the off.
I would prefer if you don't comment on it, as I'm not sure if my brother would appreciate chicken enthusiasts coming up on his videos.
This is the 1st thread I'm commenting on (Amazing algorithms!) but I was thinking the same thing about the chickens and the motorsports. But also I'm grateful.

This is the 1st thread I'm commenting on (Amazing algorithms!) but I was thinking the same thing about the chickens and the motorsports. But also I'm grateful.
Welcome to BYC!
And while it is a chicken forum, there is places like this to share what one has been up to, so one gets quite a lot of interesting discussions.

What is King of the hammers?
And yes, we were competing just last weekend, although it didn't go quite as planned.
King of the hammers is an event in Johnson Valley, California. All sorts of types of off road racing most of them have the ability to climb rocks but they also have pre runner trucks, buggies, razors, and there's every man's race, ultra 4, like the Mint 400. It's 2 weeks long now. Everyone brings their toys. It goes from an empty desert to 60,000+ spectators camping and riding everywhere. Check out the shootout at the back door 2016 or at chocolate thunder. My favorite event.

King of the hammers is an event in Johnson Valley, California. All sorts of types of off road racing most of them have the ability to climb rocks but they also have pre runner trucks, buggies, razors, and there's every man's race, ultra 4, like the Mint 400. It's 2 weeks long now. Everyone brings their toys. It goes from an empty desert to 60,000+ spectators camping and riding everywhere. Check out the shootout at the back door 2016 or at chocolate thunder. My favorite event.
Oh wow, I had no idea!
Sounds like a lot of fun!

Back
Top Bottom