Is anyone else interested in cars and motorsport?

Nissan fan so I say skip the toys and get a real engine, put a RB26DETT under the hood.

I bleed chevy orange but I learned to like nissans and besides a skyline can whoop a supra any day of the week.

I'm old school. My 87 s10 blazer is sitting on dana 60s with baby 35s and a 383 under the hood. My 91 sonoma has a 3.4 that I hopped up when I pulled the 2.8 out of it. I looked at LS for my blazer but really want one of the new baby dmax 2.8 engines. Once that happens I want to find a 4.8 to drop in my 91 if I dont turn that 60 degree into a bastard with aluminium FWD heads and multi port, maybe a small snail.
Wow. D60's under an s10 frame. Did you narrow them or stay wide and let it ride? Do you crawl with that rig?

Nissan fan so I say skip the toys and get a real engine, put a RB26DETT under the hood.

I bleed chevy orange but I learned to like nissans and besides a skyline can whoop a supra any day of the week.
I wouldn't kick either one out of the garage for dripping oil, if you know what I mean. I've got more hands-on with 1j and 2j's than with rb's but definitely nothing against them.

We took the car for a short test yesterday, and (at least from my perspective, as nav) its feeling really good.
New suspension helps a lot, we can go straight over all the bumps and pot holes.
I can't wait till we can really test it in the next event!

(I wasn't sure where to put this, so say if it should be somewhere else )
I've got two main hobbies, chickens and cars.
More specifically, I'm really into rallying.
I navigate, so it's up to me to tell the driver where to go, as well as dealing with most of the organizing.
We are only just getting into it, so there's still lots to learn.
I also like driving myself, in the entry level events, and helping work on the car.
Anyone else interested?
Nice.
In my youth (up until 4 decades later) I got deathly sick attempting to read in the car.
Or I might have considered it.
And I can't drive a shopping cart....
other I really don't care. My husband used to love Stock Car racing, but they have ruined the sport over the last 2 decades. The once BIG occasion in town is now a 'oh, it's race weekend?' type of deal.
he follows F1 now.

Nice.
In my youth (up until 4 decades later) I got deathly sick attempting to read in the car.
Or I might have considered it.
And I can't drive a shopping cart....
other I really don't care. My husband used to love Stock Car racing, but they have ruined the sport over the last 2 decades. The once BIG occasion in town is now a 'oh, it's race weekend?' type of deal.
he follows F1 now.
I'm lucky, in that I've never suffered from car sickness; having said that, in the last rally on some of the most tight and wiggle bits of road I wasn't feeling to good.
I know some of the other navs were having a hard time of it, and this was only a road book event, not pace noted. (Pace notes are harder)
What sort of racing is Stock car racing?
Personally, I find F1 a little boring, still interested in it, but not to the same extent as other kinds of motorsport.

We took the car for a short test yesterday, and (at least from my perspective, as nav) its feeling really good.
New suspension helps a lot, we can go straight over all the bumps and pot holes.
I can't wait till we can really test it in the next event!
sweet!

I'm lucky, in that I've never suffered from car sickness; having said that, in the last rally on some of the most tight and wiggle bits of road I wasn't feeling to good.
I know some of the other navs were having a hard time of it, and this was only a road book event, not pace noted. (Pace notes are harder)
What sort of racing is Stock car racing?
Personally, I find F1 a little boring, still interested in it, but not to the same extent as other kinds of motorsport.
stock car racing originated in the moonshine trade. The 'rum runners' souped up their cars to outrun the law. In the 50s and 60s they build tracks, running in circles for 500 miles, go fast and turn left.
In the 70s they went mainstream. In the 80s and 90s they were at their zenith. Race on Sunday, buy on Monday kind of deals. The racecars resembled what was at the dealership.
Stroker Ace with Burt Reynolds is pretty descriptive.
As is Days of Thunder with Tom Cruise.

Back
Top Bottom